Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Mud, The Seeds and a Gardener's Happy Spot.

No, no, no, nothing salacious going on...
This is a gardener's happy spot:



Seed catalogs. Show me a gardener that doesn't like them. In the past I have ordered happily from Johnny's Selected Seeds and Renee's seeds. I also bought seeds from the local nurseries as well as a frightening number of plants, flowers and vegetables ( and let's not forget the trees ). Let's just say that moderation is not my first, middle or last name.
And this year, for the first time, I received a catalog from Baker Creek.
Oh dear. It took me days of looking at the catalog, then an entire day of harassing my family with what about this one, or that one? And what about this!? Did you see the warts, that's so awesome, rhaaaa the agony we don't have enough room, I have to choose, I can't stand this, honey can we buy the house next door to get a bigger yard?

Or move where we can afford 10 acres?

Sadly we are not moving but I finally managed to finish the order at 12:30 am. Their website is great. I love the comments on the products and ordering was easy and smooth.
Now we'll just have to see and taste the results.
Saying that I'm excited is an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment